Union Adult Learning Center, operated by Union Public Schools, is a regional Adult Education program based in Tulsa and grant-funded by Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education.
Classes are offered in-person and virtually. In-person class schedules are determined each year based on the interest of prospective learners. All classes offer enrollment in August and January.
If a student misses the August or January enrollment, they can add their name to our waitlist to be placed as seats become available throughout the semester.
Classes are offered free of charge.
Enrollment is by appointment only.
At the enrollment appointment, students must fill out an enrollment form and complete the TABE CLAS-E pretest.
TABE CLAS-E pretest scores help inform teachers of appropriate starting point with students. There is no pass or fail on the TABE CLAS-E test.
All interested students will be served regardless of their scores on the TABE pretests.
After 40 hours of instruction, all students will be given a TABE CLAS-E post-test to help measure educational skills gains and inform all parties on the student’s language acquisition.
New students who wish to enroll in ESL classes must complete the following steps:
- Fill out enrollment appointment request form online.
- All communication will come via email
- Student will be contacted via email with a date/time for enrollment
- Attend enrollment appointment and complete intake testing and paperwork– this will take approximately 3-4 hours.
- Check email for class placement and further information
Virtual Class Information
Virtual classes may be requested when filling out the enrollment form.
Virtual classes will ONLY be offered to students who test at level 2 or above.
Anyone requesting virtual classes must have their own technology, including computer or tablet, as well as consistent access to the internet.
Computers and internet access are NOT provided to virtual students.
If a virtual student needs assistance, they can contact their instructor for assistance.
Students under the age of 18
Minimum Age Requirement
The minimum age to attend classes with UALC is 16 years old.
- Students who wish to enroll and are 16 or 17 years old MUST have a signed and notarized 16/17 form on file in our offices BEFORE the student will be allowed to participate in enrollment.
- The form must include the student information, parent or guardian consent, AND a signature from the administration at the school where the student has attended most recently.